In order to prevent a failed import you must make sure that your data is clean. This means that you must make sure that all data is valid and correct.
The file will fail to import if:
- Part name or type is blank
- Cost, markup is not a valid number, e.g 10, 10.00 (no symbols - £, %)
- Vat rate must be valid, e.g 25, 20, 17.5, 15, 5, 0 (with no % symbol)
- You will need to edit your data and remove any commas by using find and replace with a blank. This will ensure correct alignment of your information and ensure your data conforms to CSV standard.
- It does not matter which order the information is provided in. When you import your data it will ask you to specify what each column is.
- It does not matter if you have any information missing we will just import what you give us.
- It is important to check that the information you've uploaded has been correctly imported. Commusoft will not take any responsibility for the content and quality of any imported data.
- The import may take a few minutes depending on the size of your file.
The excel spreadsheet can have the following columns as listed in the table below.
|Part name*||This is a short description of the part i.e Copper pipe 3mm||Cannot be blank|
|Type*||Cannot be blank||Must be part|
|Manufacture part number||The part number for reference only|
|Default install time|
|Cost||The cost of the part to you||Must be a number and not contain £|
|Mark up||The % you will add to the cost to make customer price||Must be a number and not contain %|
|VAT||The tax on this item||Must be a valid VAT rate e.g 25, 20, 17.5, 15, 5, 0|