Please read the overview article before completing these steps: Sage Line 50/Instant: Overview
Important: We recommend to set your integration to manually send data until you fully understand the process.
Read and complete the steps below.
Click the links to open the article in a new tab. Follow and complete the instructions and return to this page to go to the next step.
- Sage Line 50
- If you have the ability to create a new user account, set the username to cs and password to cs123
- If you are using an existing user account, ensure you know user name and password. Note: You are able to continue to use this account for Sage but be aware Commusoft will not be able to transfer data while this account is logged into by the user. Commusoft will queue the data until the user account becomes available for Commusoft to log into.
- Sage Instant
- If you have the ability to create a new user account, set the user name to cs and password to cs123
- If you are using an existing user account, you must use the Manager user account and password. If no password is set for this account, you must set a password. Note: You are able to continue to use this account for Sage but be aware Commusoft will not be able to transfer data while this account is logged into by the user. Commusoft will queue the data until the user account becomes available for Commusoft to log into.
Commusoft requires the following
- VAT codes for 20%, 5% and 0% Please note your VAT codes
- VAT method, Invoice (standard) or Cash Please note your VAT method
- Sage Database file path. Within Sage go to Help > About > Program Details section > Data Directory Please note the full file path
Integrate to Sage Line 50/Instant
- Integration must be completed on the PC/Server which runs the Sage Database and must have an instance of Sage installed
- You are required to have Administrator privileges to install the Sage interface
- If this PC/Server has anti-virus installed, you must ensure exclusions are put in place for the SageInterface folder and SageInterface.exe application
- Sage must be closed before starting the integration
Choosing your package
Read and complete the steps below.
- Click on the settings icon in the top right corner and click Company settings
- In the section labelled Integrations click Accounting interface
- You will see a page where you can select the accounting package. Click Sage Line 50/Instant and click Choose package in the bottom right
Completing setup and preferences
You will now be asked to complete setup and a series of preferences. Follow all the steps carefully, ensuring you read all information provided.
- You will now need to fill in the form with your Sage details
- You can now select when you want Commusoft to send data to Sage Line 50/Instant. You can select from Automatically (every two hours) or Manually (when you click the Send data button)
We strongly recommend to select manual until you have understood how the integration passes the data from Commusoft to Sage. This will avoid any duplicate customer and financial records going across to Sage.
Please note if you choose automatic, you can still manually sync Commusoft and Sage Line 50/Instant by clicking the Send data button at any time you wish
Select your choice and click Next step
- Read the information and tick the box to confirm your selection, then click Next step
- You will now need to install the Sage interface. Follow the instructions within this article to help you: Install Sage interface
- The accounting integration has now been setup and you will see this confirmation page. Read the information carefully and click Close.
- You will now see the accounting integration dashboard.
You will have some data in the waiting to be sent box. This means that data is ready to send to Sage Line 50/Instant, you can click the Send data now button to send the data from Commusoft to Sage Line 50/Instant