Please read the overview article before completing these steps: Quickbooks desktop: Overview
If you've been using Commusoft and Quickbooks independently then you will have the same customers/suppliers in both systems. The problem is that there is no link between these customer/supplier records and therefore when importing data from Commusoft to Quickbooks, Commusoft will create a new customer/supplier record in Quickbooks. This duplication isn't ideal.
To avoid this you need to 'tell Commusoft' that the customer/supplier already exists in Quickbooks. To do this you need to get the customer/supplier ID from Quickbooks and tell Commusoft to associate the customer/supplier with this information.
Get customer/supplier ID
To link existing customers/suppliers from Quickbooks to customers/suppliers in Commusoft, you will first need the ID of the customer/supplier in Quickbooks.
In Quickbooks, go to Customer/Supplier Centre (depending on which type of account you are linking)
Double click on the customer/supplier name, this will allow you to edit the information.
Whatever is written in the field marked Customer/Supplier Name needs to be copied (highlight the text > right click in the box > copy). This name is what will link your customers in Commusoft with your customers in Quickbooks.
- Next login to Commusoft and click the settings icon in the top right corner and click Company settings
- Then click Accounting interfaces
- Then you will see your accounting integration dashboard. Click Quick links then Link customers and suppliers
- You will see a page with all of your customers/suppliers on. Paste (right click in the box > paste) the code into the Accounting reference column
- Repeat for all customers/suppliers
Go back to: Quickbooks desktop: Overview